Thursday, January 25, 2007

Jamie Glazov & Dinesh D'Souza On Islam, 9/11, And The Radical Left (Updated)

We all hear a lot about "dialogue" and "debate"; about talking together through difficult issues. Currently we are hearing this sort of rhetoric coming from the "new" US Congress; some of us Episcopalians in New Hampshire are STILL waiting for the great dialogue promised three years ago by our controversial bishop.

I must say that the sort of dialogue exemplified between Jamie Glazov and Dinesh D'Souza in their two-part conversation at FrontPageMag is reassuring and inspiring: here are two thinkers, conservative and academic, who disagree profoundly. And yet there is a gentlemanly quailty that prevails throughout; and there is no shortage of interesting parries and thrusts. Both men score points; and I give the win to Mr. Glazov. Part of that small victory, unfortunately, comes as a result of Mr. Glazov slipping into a monologue for which, it appears, Mr. D'Souza is absent. But that hardly matters, since Glazov is amazing on his own.

This really is an excellent series. Take time to read it if you are at all interested in Mr. D'Souza's thesis that it is American liberalism, the radical leftist sort, that led to 9/11 and America's current standoff with Islam. Mr. Glazov issues a very serious and compelling challenge; Mr. D'Souza makes a few worthy rebuffs. Part 1 is here, and Part 2 is found here. From Abu Ghraib to sexual immorality, from Moses to Muhammed, this series offers key insights.

And make sure you take time to read Mr. David Forsmark's challenging review of Mr. D'Souza's new book, The Enemy at Home: The Cultural Left And Its Responsibility For 9/11.

Peace.

BG

3 comments:

Even So... said...

Well finally, Bill....I was waiting for someone else to comment or to see what you thought, because I was wondering why I was feeling all gushy about this...you're right, it is encouraging...and I love dots, BTW...........

Anonymous said...

I first saw Mr. Dinesh D'Souza on C-SPAN and I was so amazed by his perspective on many things that I wanted to buy that was signed by him. But the cost was a little too much for me.
It was Mr. D'Souza' name that made me read Mr. Glazov's Frontpage interview. Well, I thought that Mr. Glazov thumped Mr. D'Souza.
And needless to say, I've ordered 2 of Mr. Glazov's newest book - one to give to a friend, and an autographed book for me to keep.
Yes, I was able to afford the signed book and I can't wait to read it.

Sharbat

Sharbat said...

I was a fan of Mr. D'Souza until Mr. Glazov came along.

I can't wait to receive his latest book, United in Hate.