Another bone-headed decision by executives at Fox TV was to sign with Don Imus for a simulcast of his morning radio show on Fox News' Business Channel. The show begins Oct. 5.
I was an ardent defender of Mr. Imus when he made his now infamous racial gaffe on radio two years ago; I freely admit I was wrong to defend him at all. Not because his gaffe was all that shameful. I've heard far worse from people who are not so thoroughly denounced. I was wrong because Mr. Imus sows confusion and absurdity. He is all about finding humor in disillusionment; he takes pleasure in what amounts to something awfully close to nihilism.
Unfortunately, time will not permit me to enlarge upon this right now. I will hold my ground, however, and simply say that Fox News has made a mistake.
That's just my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment