Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blessed Are The Piece Makers

This morning I wonder. I wonder if I will hear cries of a "rush to war!" or that "this is Obama's war!" from those who relentlessly reproached Barack Obama's predecessor, George W. Bush.

I wonder who might recall that 16 months and a dozen UN resolutions passed before George W. Bush began major military operations in Iraq, and yet his actions were reduced to that cynical phrase: "Bush's  rush to war". 

I wonder who might, among the American left particularly, describe this present action against Libya by the United States, begun barely three weeks after Libya showed signs of destabilization, as Mr. Obama's unilateral "rush to war." Or are three weeks sufficient for an allegedly deeply reflective leader committed to diplomacy to descry that diplomacy has failed? 

Who, I ask, shall reduce Mr. Obama's actions to his unmitigated lust for oil

And I wonder how many of my leftist peers will call Mr. Obama a war criminal, or shout that he has begun an illegal war, all in light of the undeniable fact that he did NOT advise, or seek the counsel of, the United States Congress before bombing the hell out of Libya. Who shall call for his arrest? Who shall demand that he be handed over to the Hague for war crimes? Who shall urge the Nobel committee to revoke Mr. Obama's prize for peace? I wonder. 

I wonder in vain. 

Peace. I guess. 

©Contratimes/2011. All rights reserved. 

4 comments:

Bill Gnade said...

I do note that Michael Moore, the uber-leftoid, called for a ten-mile evacuation zone around Mr. Obama's Nobel Peace Prize.

For once, Michael Moore has made me laugh.

Undergroundpewster said...

Don't hold your breath waiting for anyone to say that this war is "all about oil."

Bill Gnade said...

TUP,

So, in other words, you're telling me I can finally exhale?

Ahhhhhhh!

Atlanta Roofing said...

He thinks he is the king. He must be stopped. Obama has no such understand¬ing. As bad as he was, Bush at least understood the Constituti¬on and the limits it placed on his power. He went to Congress in 2001 and 2002 and asked for war resolution¬s before he invaded Afghanista¬n and Iraq.