Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Welcome Mat Is Always Out

Perhaps I am the only one who will find the comments from "Jimmy", who spent a few minutes visiting Contratimes, some of the fairest and kindest words ever offered to me here. I am grateful when people tell me what they really, really think. (It's curious how much Jimmy sounds like some of my closest friends.)

No doubt there is a silly irony in spreading out a welcome mat, a carpet adorned with a warm greeting where one's guests immediately wipe their feet.

Peace and mirth!!

BG, The Ever Encouraged

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BG,
I came across a quote today by Ernest Hemingway that brought you and Contratimes to my mind (warped as it sometimes is). I wanted to take a momment to share it. I don't always comment but please don't misunderstand my silence. Here is the quotation.

"I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can."

I think you are better than you think you are.
Peace to you brother.
VC

Bill Gnade said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Victor!

Peace to you, my dear brother.

BG