You know I would not be quite so reticent if I could help it. I have no working computer at the moment by which I can access this site. Somewhere, right now, my Apple laptop is in the grips of DHL; no doubt there are competent hands carrying it to an Apple repair center somewhere in Memphis. I thought the only thing that could render me mute would be the end of the world (which some prognosticated for August 22); instead, a mere byte or two out of my Apple made me fall silent (how that problem seems so ubiquitous, the bite and an apple). My hope is that I can return to garrulity by the weekend or early next week. Of course, the end of the world may have happened indeed, and I am merely speaking to all that's left of me. Please let me know if I am too late to issue fair warning.
If there is one thing I have thought during this period of cyber-silence it is this: if Tom Cruise is indeed some sort of rarefied overlord of the infinitely high realm of Scientology's pantheon, then he ought to tell us who killed JonBenet Ramsey and even John F. Kennedy; and he should save his career by finding Osama bin Laden. Why has he been wasting his mystical talents in the risky business of film-making when he could be saving the world from extinction? Or would such derring-do amount to an admission of humility -- where he is not the world's leading man in love solely with himself? Is humility an admission impossible for such a falling deity?
Look for Cruise to walk on water -- his own tears -- in the future. Tonight, I shall pray for him.
Peace.
©Bill Gnade 2006/Contratimes - All Rights Reserved.
1 comment:
Yes, it has been quiet, almost too quiet...
May your Apple once again bloom, and soon.
As for Cruise, he is discovering what many of us mere mortals have know for some time--things really do change after 40, and not always for the better.
Post a Comment