Thursday, February 22, 2007

Reunion (In The Day Room)

The other night I spoke on the phone with a relative to whom I’ve not spoken in years. In the course of our conversation, while discussing what I have been doing with my life, I mentioned this website. One wonders what I was thinking, since I rarely mention this blog to anyone. But my relation expressed enthusiasm about reading some of my work, so that counts for something. After some ado about many other things, we ended our talk.

Three days later, as I survey the sorts of things I’ve written here and the manner in which they’ve been written, I am certain that my relations will reach the rather easy conclusion that I am insane.

Peace.

5 comments:

james said...

I thought surely you would have had that well established long before now.

Anyone who just NOW draws that same conclusion about me just doesn't pick up on things very quickly.

LukeBuckham said...

Bill--

Boy, do I sympathize.

Here's an idea for a new blog: you and I can take pictures of the frequent blank looks that we get, and post them daily, seeing who can elicit the most baffled and/or horrified expressions.

Luke

Kim said...

Hi Bill:

This has nothing to do with your post, unfortunately, but I did want to thank you for your comment at my blog about the Mourning Dove.

We have a lattice fence that has Wisteria all over it, and last night, he perched all night in between the deck and the bottom of the lattice fence. I don't think he moved at all in the night, because there were droppings at his little feet when I had a look at him.

I gave him some more food, and then about thirty minutes later, he flew into the next door neighbour's yard. I was a little concerned about him, so I peeked around the fence, but didn't see him. I think he maybe just needed a rest. We did notice that one of the tips of his wings did not lay flat on his back when he was walking around, so maybe he got injured and just needed to rest. My husband told me tonight when he came home from work that he saw several Mourning Doves in our neighbour's front yard, so maybe this one wasn't too far.

I hope he's okay. He was here from Tuesday until this morning. One night, he managed to get into the cedar in the back yard, but when the wind picked up, he returned to the deck.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
you Don't know me however,I wanted to say thank you, for your posts. I have been reading your work by 'accident'. I did a search about 6 months ago for 'The best rock song ever' and I came upon your blog. I have been hooked to your writing like I am to to my double cappiccino. Anyhow, thanks for the smiles, and the 'I wonders'.
God Bless
E.

Bill Gnade said...

Equin,

Greetings, and welcome. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I pray my writing does not stimulate too much: heaven knows I would drop dead from a double cappuccino. But I am grateful that you do not find my prose to be at all like a glass of warm milk -- or prune juice.

I am on a ski vacation right now, so I will be sort of in hiding for a while. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Peace and mirth,

Bill