Friday, October 17, 2008

Throwing Stone

I spent the better part of the day trying to photographically capture the last of the fall foliage. With cameras and lenses tossed onto the seats of my car, I zipped down back roads hoping to find something different, something new. And I did find something new, though it had nothing to do with fall foliage. It was a radio promo I heard for Oliver Stone's newest film, W. You know, the exploitation film -- its release so timed to maximize earnings and influence an election -- about George W. Bush.

The announcer said that I should come see "the incredibly true story" about George W. Bush. It's truly an ironic turn of phrase.

Incredible, indeed. Sort of like that incredibly true story of a second gunman in Dallas.

But I am opining prematurely; I am merely falling prey to my prejudices.

Thank God for such prejudices.

©2008. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: