A few moments ago, while driving in my car on my way to and from chores, I heard radio and TV talk personality, Glenn Beck, urge his listeners: Please, do not take Iran's president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad lightly -- do not dismiss him! Mr. Beck's language was not only urgent, it was dire, spiritually dire. His tone was apocalyptic; he freely admitted that he was talking even in spiritual terms, terms that transcend earthly politics.
Perhaps I heard too much, but I don't think so.
Mr. Beck further described how he felt while watching Mr. Ahmadinejad deliver his speech last night to the UN General Assembly: he felt he was listening to pure evil, evil of the most deceptive and capricious kind, and it made him literally tremble.
Christians might want to take note of what Mr. Beck seems to be implying, namely, that if Mr. Ahmadinejad is not the anti-Christ, or perhaps the false prophet promoting the beast described in St. John's "Revelation," then he comes awfully close. Of course, I cannot confirm what Mr. Ahmadinejad said in last night's speech; I've yet to read the transcript. But let me simply quote from Mr. Ahmadinejad's speech to the General Assembly delivered last year; permit me to quote his last few sentences, which end in prayer:
"He [god] commands His creatures to enjoin one another to righteousness and virtue and not to sin and transgression. All Divine prophets from the Prophet Adam (peace be upon him) to the Prophet Moses (peace be upon him), to the Prophet Jesus Christ (peace be upon him), to the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him), have all called humanity to monotheism, justice, brotherhood, love and compassion. Is it not possible to build a better world based on monotheism, justice, love and respect for the rights of human beings, and thereby transform animosities into friendship?
"I emphatically declare that today's world, more than ever before, longs for just and righteous people with love for all humanity; and above all longs for the perfect righteous human being and the real savior who has been promised to all peoples and who will establish justice, peace and brotherhood on the planet.
"O, Almighty God, all men and women are your creatures and you have ordained their guidance and salvation. Bestow upon humanity that thirsts for justice, the perfect human being promised to all by you, and make us among his followers and among those who strive for his return and his cause."[emphasis mine]
Interesting, no? Here we have a president of an important nation, praying before the General Assembly of the United Nations, imploring "God" to "bestow" upon us all the "perfect human being" who will "establish justice, peace and brotherhood on the planet."
Dear reader, what do you think? And my Christian friends, I ask you: Who is this "real" savior, the savior for whom Mr. Ahmadinejad eagerly awaits, if Jesus Christ is not the real one at all?
Peace.
BG
PS. I expended a few words on this whole thing in the not-so-distant past in this essay.
©Bill Gnade 2007/Contratimes. All Rights Reserved.
4 comments:
He is praying for the thirteenth Imam, known as the Madhi
I concur with ES. Indeed, he introduced his speech with a prayer for the prompt return of same, an entity which will only appear during a time of blood and destruction, which he believes, true Muslims may assist in creating.
Sobering when one considers he wants the Bomb.
Dear Even So,
Thanks for the comment. I explored this a bit in an essay in February.
Dear R. Sherman,
Yikes! I have tried to examine our "real" conflict with Islam in this series. I'd love to know what you think.
Peace to you both.
Gnade
It is the 12th Imam he is going to usher in. Based on the timeline HE set, it would bring it about soon.
http://tinyurl.com/2goq94
I wrote about it awhile back myself. The man talked about his experience at the UN. Charles Krautkramer's article quoted him.
Who is the 12th Imam? I don't have any idea. But this man himself does exude evil, IMHO. The quote at the end of the Krautkramer column haunts me. Not fear.
But to me, it says 'Wake Up'...yet so many truly believe that he does not really mean what he says....
Post a Comment