Tuesday, September 25, 2007

On God Or No God

You may not agree with it, but I can't help but think you will find Avery Cardinal Dulles' essay, "God and Evolution," very engaging reading. It's too bad that it is not in book form; it would be nice to explore the ideas presented therein more completely. Read the whole thing (in other words, don't quit). Let me know what you think.

Blessings!

Gnade

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the "geopolitics of South Africa" bit sheds some light on what Kuyper was getting at with his concept of sphere sovereignty.

I think that it's either a counter-example or a temporary irony, but the reddit crowd is vehemently anti-creationist (/christian/Creator?) and anti-war.

I think, or suppose, that better solutions to the "God vs. Evolution" problem could be hypothesized if the religion of today's scientific and educational leaders didn't cloud their interpretation of empirical evidence.

I think my sophistication in these matters is underwhelming, and perhaps not a good lead for any discussion, but have followed your instructions anyway.

Bill Gnade said...

Excellent comments, Nate. Thank you. And thank you for reminding me of Kuyper's "sphere sovereignty." It is a perfect label for what we are discussing here.

I don't know -- you seem more than able to talk about all of this. I am the one over my head. I am left swimming in the shallow end most of the time. Actually, I am left wading.

Peace,

Gnade

Bill Gnade said...

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Bill Gnade said...

About this topic, I mean (surely you all have thoughts).

Bill Gnade said...

Anyone?