Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How Can It Be?

This morning, when I opened this blog and read the entry I posted last night, I discovered it was so filled with mistakes I worried I might be experiencing some sort of psychological displacement. Hence, after some revisions, I republished the short essay today. For those of you who read last night's "early edition," I beg your forgiveness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hearbye releese u fromm the chains of imprizonmint posed by grammar and spelling.

feel free to post freestyle and only proofread and correct at YOUR LEISURE.

The burden of proofreading almost always doubles or triples the time it takes to communicate the same thought already effectively communicated with any errors accepted with grace and sympathy by 99.9% of your audience because they knew what you meant anyway.

Don't bow to the tyranny of the oppressive English teacher personalities eager to condemn the errant "its" instead of "it's" because they can't make an actual intelligent addition to the conversation.

That said: now get to bloggin'