Wednesday, March 31, 2010

If They Are "Teabaggers," Then Who Are The "Tea Cups"?

As some of you know, when the people who align themselves with the Tea Party are called "Teabaggers" -- and their activities called "tea-bagging" --  by their crude critics, these are meant as insults, insults rooted in homophobia and hate. 

Of course there is a solution to all this, really. If the Tea Partiers are indeed teabaggers, well, they do need teacups. 

Hence, perhaps the Tea Party's biggest critics should be heretofore known as the "Teacuppers."

"Keith Olbermann, that froth-mouthed, teacupping, seething mass of envy who speaks to himself every night on MSNBC..." 


(Please note: I am not advocating the use of crude language and innuendo, at least for any lengthy period. I am aiming for the cessation of something that is offensive. I believe turning the "teabagger" metaphor around will bring a sudden stop to the use of that homophobic slur.)

©2010/Contratimes. All Rights Reserved.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Teacupping is akin to snorkeling. Just thought I'd warn you before you get too excited.

Also, quit blaming liberals for the complete lack of intelligence on the part of the yuppie and boomer conservatives. You have the same access to Google that I do.

Bill Gnade said...

Ginx,

You're sort of going around in circles. We've had this conversation before.

But thanks for the warning.

Peace.

Unknown said...

...and yet you still blame "critics" for the self-assumed name of the tea-baggers?

Bill Gnade said...

Ginx, what are you saying?

Seriously, I try hard to be a good reader, but I've no idea what you've written here. What does it mean?

Sorry.

Unknown said...

I don't understand why you're trying to deflect criticism of tea-baggers. Believing as they do should be embarrassing enough. The sexual innuendo is just a hilarious affirmation of their complete lack of awareness to a world which is quickly making them obsolete.

Uncle Rick said...

". . .their complete lack of awareness to a world which is quickly making them obsolete."

Somebody should wake Ginx up; he's clearly dreaming (California dreaming).

Conservatives in this country out-number liberals by two-to-one, and have done so since anyone started counting. It is the liberals who are "on the losing side of history" and more and more find themselves surrounded by people and ideas they don't understand -- and can't understand without some serious remedial training in critical thinking.

It is sometimes amusing -- sad but amusing -- to watch them babble on as Ginx is doing here. Bereft of substance, fact or logic, they fall back on profanity and vulgarity, trying to paint their notional adversaries (all us knuckle-dragging conservatives, in this case) with a broad brush, oblivious of the fact that they spatter more paint on themselves than they get on their targets.

Bill Gnade said...

Dear Uncle Rick,

Welcome!

Thanks for the comments.

Peace.