Sunday, March 14, 2010

It IS Too Late

Though I love the original song on which this is based, I thought this remake really quite amazing (you'll see, or maybe you've seen it before). If this is part of a program to make civics more attractive and understandable to kids, it's a good step forward (especially in this era, when all that America does, it seems, is apologize). Plus, it suggests that our founding fathers were in many ways the rebellious rock stars of their day -- which they were. 

Besides, it's just fun. And if the video below appears cropped, try this link

(Crank it up. Seriously.) 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this. Truly awesome.

(Though I send my kids to a school where they memorize all the reasons George III ticked us off as same are recited in the Declaration of Independence.)

Some of us remember.

Cheers.

Unknown said...

I'm waiting for the Palestinians to make one... oh wait, they don't have electricity, let alone fucking tea.

George W... George III... same difference.

Bill Gnade said...

Ginx,

I thought the reason the Palestinians don't have tea is that their Muslim neighbors, the Egyptians, won't let them have any. Maybe not.

Peace.

Hats said...

Yeah, too bad the states and the people face far more oppression and tyranny from the U.S. Federal Government today than anything imposed upon the colonies by King George's government.

Unknown said...

Are you trying to parry responsibility by saying Egypt is to blame? Seriously? Egypt armed Israel, which conducts campaigns of violence against rock-throwers with tanks and assault rifles? You're joking... I get it... ha ha...

Bill Gnade said...

No, Ginx, I am not joking. Egypt has been building its own barriers between itself and Gaza; it has also been blasting to death all the tunnels Palestinians used to bring supplies into their towns. Don't you know this?

My half-snarky comment was meant to expand your mind further. Israel is not alone in "oppressing" the Palestinians. Egypt has not been a friend either, at least to Gaza. But more importantly, the Palestinian leadership has not been a friend to the Palestinians.

The whole thing, really, is a chocolate mess (but your initial comment is a curious aside, even a red-herring).