Jill Carroll, as you know, is slated to be executed today by the hands of her captors in Iraq. Ms. Carroll is a freelance journalist working for the Christian Science Monitor, and was kidnapped several days ago by members of a heretofore unknown extremist group. The group has called for the immediate release of all Iraqi women prisoners held by American authorities in Iraq. Ms. Carroll's life will be spared if the demands are met.
Ms. Carroll and I may differ on everything political, religious, and philosophical. She, in fact, may disdain my opinions and convictions. I do not know. But I do know that she is my sister on this earth, a fellow traveller. As such, she deserves my prayers, and all our prayers. I am praying that the RIGHT thing happens, with no further death and mayhem. I am praying for peace, a quick and clean resolution. I am praying for intervention, for sanity and grace and mercy. I am praying for reconciliation, for healthy compromise, for justice with love.
I know I am praying for a lot. But I am praying nonetheless. Please pray with me today, tomorrow.
Peace to you, Ms. Carroll.
No comments:
Post a Comment