Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pat Robertson, Updated

Only moments ago, Reverend Pat Robertson, during a live video feed to Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's son, read a letter of apology for comments he made last week regarding Sharon's recent stroke. Robinson had suggested that Sharon's stroke may have been divine retribution for Sharon's concessions of Israeli territory to the Palestinians.

As I said in my post, Pat Robertson, Prophecy And Partitioning, "Prophets must pay the price for their work." Robertson has paid a bitter price, I believe, and, as I heard on the news moments ago from a source close to the Reverend, Robertson has been in a profound state of reflection since making his initial remarks.

Related to this, it should be noted that yesterday, Israel, upset by Robertson's suggestions, announced that Robertson would not be involved in plans for a multimillion dollar Christian tourism center in Galilee. Robertson, and other evangelical leaders, have been raising at least $50 million for the development of the Christian Heritage Center.

No comments: