Wednesday, December 06, 2006

He's No Common Tater

Contratimes' friend, The Commentator, who hails from the great land of Canada, has published his most recent installment of "Five Q's" wherein he asks five questions of a featured guest. I cannot thank him sufficiently for deeming me worthy enough to participate. Our interview, brief as it was, can be found here. If you are at all interested, I urge you to give The Commentator a visit. He is an entirely decent chap, and he deserves your attention (which explains why, since he introduced himself to me, he's been listed in my blogroll for months).

Here are the five questions I was asked and, I pray, answered.

1) Why do you blog?
2) How would you rationalize the blogging phenomena in society?
3) In the realm of religion, are we witnessing a "Great Awakening" in America? If so, does this mean a radicalizing of America? If not, is religion on the run so to speak?
4) Does theology have a place in the realm of political discourse and debate when it comes to forming public policy?
5) Is there a liberal bias in your opinion?

The Commentator's first "Five Q's" featuring freelance journalist J. M. Berger, contributor to National Public Radio, The Boston Globe and others, can be found here.

5 comments:

LukeBuckham said...

Bill, I enjoyed your response to our benevolent Commentator's quiz. I posted a lengthy response to one section of your comments, as a matter of fact. The issues covered by the quiz have been much on my mind, lately, so I couldn't help but chime in enthusiastically. But I don't think I was an obnoxious houseguest.

cheers

Luke

Bill Gnade said...

Luke,

Without looking, I am going to make a guess about which part you commented on in my musings: how about my futile effort to explain the blogging phenomenon? I shall zip over and see what you might have felt needed clarification, illumination, or just plain confrontation.

Peace.

BG

Bill Gnade said...

Luke,

Alas! I was wrong in my prediction.

Thanks for the thrilling challenges to my inerrancy! I have, of course, amended my comments with all due expedience and precision.

Poor Commentator! How little he realizes that we are poised to consume his comments thread. Surely, if anything, you and I have proven ourselves to be the most garrulous pair in this corner of cyberspace. Terse? Concise? Succinct? Pithy? What do such words mean? Are they even English?

Gnade

LukeBuckham said...

Indeed, several friends of mine have read a few of our lengthy comments threads online, and, at some point during their reading, every one of them has begun laughing in delighted exasperation at the mountains of words with which we lovingly assault each other. This is fun--questionable fun, sometimes, but fun nonetheless. I think 'commentator' will agree.

T.C. said...

Thanks, Bill. It was fun. If you are wondering why it took me so long to comment it's because for some reason my ability to comment had been disabled for some time. Then magically it worked again. Then they wonder why I sympathize with Luddites.