Friday, September 19, 2008

My Absence, And More On Cole Ruotsala

I have just learned that Cole Ruotsala, the precious little boy of whom I wrote a while ago (see his video page by clicking "A Family Asks For Prayer" immediately to the right of this post) probably has only hours to live. Such news breaks the heart. (Followers of this blog know that Cole's dad left a comment here thanking you all for your care and your prayers.)

Since I wrote about Cole, I have been blown away by the breadth of his story. People from all around the world have come through this website in search of more information about him; there is not a hemisphere of the planet Cole has not touched. Over 350,000 visits have been recorded at Cole's website; today there have been thousands of messages left for him and his family.

I will be away from Contratimes for the next several days. I urge you to visit some of my friends during my time away. (And boy do I have some good friends. Thank you.)

In all grace, hope, and gratitude, I bid you each, along with the family of Cole Ruotsala, a peace that passes all understanding. And I offer a special prayer for Jim, Cole's grandfather, who is also my dear friend. Peace to you, my good and faithful man.

Bill Gnade

3 comments:

Undergroundpewster said...

Your prayer helps create a sacred space. Let it echo in our hearts as well.

Unknown said...

Thank you for your beautiful posts about Cole. As I type there are 413,000 visits to his Caring Bridge site and almost 2200 Guest Book signings just today.

Cole was and is an angel.

The Ruotsala family has been incredible on this walk, a testimony to faith and goodness and love and integrity.

We're all blessed to have known this precious boy and his family as they have been so generous to share their hearts and lives.

We WILL never be the same.

Thank You, Lord, for Cole.

Anonymous said...

Cole and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.