I guess in certain circles, really small circles, the big news is that author Anne Rice has "quit being a Christian." Her thoughtful announcement was tactfully posted on her Facebook page, which, apparently, is in accordance with the rigid expectations of the newest decorum.
Admittedly the circle in which I exist is even smaller than I thought. Ms. Rice has "quit being a Christian"? I had no idea she had even started playing.
What, pray tell, will the Church do now? Maybe Bono can stand in the gap.
©2010/All Rights Reserved.
2 comments:
Obviously your circle isn't very fabulous.
I don't even read her work, but I remember very clearly when she converted. It was a big deal to people I knew. How often does the leading atheist author of vampiric homoerotica suddenly convert to Catholicism? I'm guessing she liked the idea of drinking blood every week...
Dear Bret,
Very clever. Thanks for making me chuckle.
Peace.
Post a Comment