Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Contratimes Goes Offensive: Talking About Tea Bags


Forgive me, dear readers. I am about to sin. Seriously, DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED. But sometimes you DO have to fight fire with fire.

There is a vulgar and extremely crude expression used by many in the mainstream media; if those who use it were not liberals, they would be excoriated as homophobes.

The expression takes two forms, "teabagging" and "teabaggers." These are used to describe or label people who have associated themselves with Tea Parties, which are grass-roots protests modeled on the Boston Tea Party of 1773. Such parties have been rather popular over the past year.

If you do not know what "teabagging" is, then brace yourself. "Teabagging" is (generally) a homosexual act in which a dominate male dips his testicles in the open mouth of his partner.

To refer to folks participating in Tea Parties as "teabaggers" is homophobic to its core; it proves my thesis that it is leftists who support gay rights who are responsible for homophobia. It is also patently crude, puerile and vulgar.

Keith Olbermann two nights ago called Massachusetts Senator-elect Scott Brown a homophobic teabagger, proving Mr. Olbermann is a crass child.

How to stop such hate-speech? I have an answer, and it comes in the form of a headline:

Brown Wins In Upset: 'Tea Partiers' Dip Bags in Gaping Mouths of Stunned Democrats

I guarantee THAT will stop Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, and Janeane Garofalo from using such homophobic slurs in an instant.

(I am truly sorry to have to post this, but someone has got to stop this awfulness. If I have lost you as a reader, well, I apologize.)


©2010/Contratimes. All Rights Reserved.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa whoa whoa, you can tea bag women (trust me), they just can't return the favor. It has nothing to do with homosexuality, and the sexual term "teabagging" predates the laughable political movement by over a decade. I'm also not sure you can attribute a term most likely made up by children not old enough to vote to either political party.

That said, this particular liberal has come to understand that words have no power. You can call black people nergoes (or worse) all day long and it has nothing to do with their situation. You can call women bitches, Mexicans spics, Italians Wops, white people crackers... it really doesn't matter. The words we use do not oppress anyone, it is only our policies which can have such an effect.

Look at white people: we're doing fine despite being called crackers. And when was the last time you heard something nice said about lawyers? Politicians? Even doctors are getting criticized these days. Are they suffering for it, or does it largely roll off the back of their Armani suits?

Censorship is bullshit, plain and simple. It was wrong when the whiney liberals did it in the 90's and it was wrong when dickhead conservatives did it last decade. It will continue to be wrong if liberals ever pick up the "politically correct" banner again, and I would kill to be the first in line to tell them to go fuck a tree and leave the adults alone.

Which reminds me... when we're kids we're told by adults that this stuff is "adult language" and "adult material," but as soon as we start getting old enough to be adults, they tell us it's childish and immature. Do I have to become a damn sailor just to be able to speak candidly when I'm angry? Apparently in America...

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm so liberal my own hands appear to have not allowed me to correctly spell "negroes." Is there an "e?" I should work it into my daily speech more often so I learn to use it properly... I'll ask Reid at the next meeting.

Bill Gnade said...

Thanks for your opinion, Ginx.

"Teabagging" is meant derogatorily. It is not a term of endearment. Hence, it is unlikely that its use is a learnéd borrowing of "teabagging" from heterosexual activity.

Moreover, it is meant to offend conservatives. Can conservatives be offended by accusations that they behave like heterosexuals? No, and those who use the slur against conservatives know this. The killer is that liberals mean to offend conservatives by associating them with an activity that liberals claim is NOT OFFENSIVE. The contradiction is clear; and the abusiveness, not only of language but of those gays who might enjoy such activities, is reprehensible. Hence, it is unlikely that the term represents a learnéd borrowing from heterosexual activity.

No one here is advocating censorship, really. No one is demanding that laws be drafted against such words; no one is calling for people to be pilloried for vulgarities. What I am really calling for is the end of that despicable pretense that liberals are not homophobic, abusive, intolerant and, yes, puerile.

Peace,

BG

Bill Gnade said...

Oh, and one more thing, Ginx. "Teabagging" is not only used to denigrate conservatives, it is meant ironically, in a very twisted sense, to make liberals giggle.

Twisted. Truly.

Unknown said...

According to Urban Dictionary, a post dating to 2003 has the term being used in it's ORIGINAL heterosexual context, as well as many other inferred uses.

If you scroll down through the list (don't bother reading them all, it's really just repetitive), you will notice some dating to 2009, which are clearly new additions. There is no doubt that the unintentional double entendre spurred a renewed interest in this otherwise esoteric bit of schoolyard slang.

Liberals laugh at it because after 8 years of Bush, those without a sense of humor killed themselves.

Unknown said...

Also, in retrospect, I apologize for my initial comments disrupting the general decorum of your civil site.

Bill Gnade said...

Dear Ginx,

I appreciate your apology, and your comments.

I had already read the Urban Dictionary entries, but I do appreciate the extra mile you went.

It will be interesting to see how the Oxford English Dictionary lays out the etymology of "teabagging."

Unknown said...

I hope we've matured by the time it comes to that...

Danni Lee said...

Hmmmmm-I did Google what 'Teabagging" meant and Brother Bill does seem to be correct in part as based on one defintion
"Teabagging-the insertion of one man's sack into another person's mouth." Note that the definition did NOT say two men.
Sooooo, ummmm, would help any to remove the gay stigma if women joined in and made this an equal -opportunity activity as well? Through I'd personally pass as I avoid eating nuts of any kind (You are what you eat) and as"CNN's Anderson Cooper helpfully observed that "it's hard to talk when you're teabagging".

Bill Gnade said...

Thanks for the comment, Danni Lee.