Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Dire Emergency

If ever the United States needed to respond to a situation, it is now, to the Haitian earthquake. This is a crisis few of us have ever seen. I urge the US president and Congress to act swiftly, fully, and without wavering. This will require the humanitarian equivalent of a major military conflict.

President Obama, I urge you to make an executive decision and extend the fullest -- I mean the FULLEST -- response to Haiti that America can give. This will make Katrina seem a small problem. Or so I predict. Please act. Please focus. Please think about this for more than a few minutes. This is a full-on national and international crisis.

The survivors of the Haiti quake, sadly, are not likely to be survivors for long. What comes next could be far worse than the few minutes of shaking ground. Disease is already afoot. No minute can be lost.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Hi Bill. I thought you might be interested in what Rockwell has to say about Haiti.

Bill Gnade said...

Dear SE,

Thanks for the link. Rather frightening, really.

Peace,

BG