Maybe time will prove them right, but I think environmentalists focus too much on global warming, green house gases, carbon footprints, etc. There's really a vast spectrum of pollution, and we don't fully understand the inmplications of them. From heavy metals in the electronics we throw away to the giant plastic amalgamations forming in the oceans, I think environmentalists have are missing out on several opportunities to enact simple, tangible improvements.
Wouldn't it be easier to encourage the recycling of plastics and electronics than to implement a massive cap and trade program?
1 comment:
Maybe time will prove them right, but I think environmentalists focus too much on global warming, green house gases, carbon footprints, etc. There's really a vast spectrum of pollution, and we don't fully understand the inmplications of them. From heavy metals in the electronics we throw away to the giant plastic amalgamations forming in the oceans, I think environmentalists have are missing out on several opportunities to enact simple, tangible improvements.
Wouldn't it be easier to encourage the recycling of plastics and electronics than to implement a massive cap and trade program?
Post a Comment