I intend to comment on this video more fully in the next day or two. For now, I offer it to you not for political but historical reasons. Does anyone remember this? I am ashamed to admit I've no recollection of this event at all.
Anyhow, it's very much worth watching. Again, I will discuss the report later.
Please watch:
2 comments:
We've come a long way, baby...
Rachel, as usual, makes unsupported comments. "Most profitable ... the world has ever seen." That depends, I suppose, on how one defines "profitable". So what if oil is the most profitable? Is that a crime? Rachel seems to think so.
She is right about the technology. Jerry Pournelle has some good suggestions on how to prepare for such disasters, which he put before the White House and others who could have acted on them many years ago. Predictably, no one paid attention.
What Rachel doesn't mention is that it was environmentalist pressure that pushed oil production into deeper and deeper water. We wouldn't need to drill there if we could drill on dry land. However, much of what is available is off limits.
Go figure.
Post a Comment