Monday, June 21, 2010

The New Plantation

We heard many things in the days following the election of a certain president. We heard most singularly that to criticize him was to commit a racist act. 

Today, those who criticized others for criticizing Barack Obama are now criticizing him rather vociferously. But these critics of the president are immaculate. They can't be racists. They're leftists. 

Where must one go to be so successfully inoculated? 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember most liberals pointing out that they didn't think everyone who criticized Obama was racist, and I think you remember, too. You can't revise history and say every liberal accused everyone who who criticized the president of being racist. In fact, most liberals have been criticizing him from day 1, just for the complete opposite reasons conservatives complain (because the guy is disgustingly middle of the road). I don't think I've said a nice word about the guy on my blog.

I think you'll find far more people saying the Tea Partiers were racist, but even then the racists tended to be a visible minority, and occassionally even acknowledged at such.

But you know what? I'm comfortable saying Republicans and conservatives as a whole are racist, because they want to maintain the status quo: poor minorities.

Bill Gnade said...

Ginx,

You find far more information in my statements than those statements contain.